Saturday, April 21, 2007

Indy Star Chad Collyer isn't Chad Collyer any more........

From his newsletter this week..........

"Many of you may have noticed the new banner on my website that now
reads OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF CHAD MALENKO. Anybody can visit the site
now by either going to www.chadcollyer.com or www.chadmalenko.com From
now on I will not perform in a professional wrestling environment as
Chad Collyer, but will now use the Malenko name that was passed down
to me and wrestle as Chad Malenko. In 2004, when I was booked to
wrestle for New Japan, my teacher Dean Malenko, passed down the name
to me to use only in Japan. This past month I had the opportunity to
return to Japan and wrestle for the Zero One MAX and Muga-World Pro
Wrestling promotions as Chad Malenko, and hope to continue to work for
one or both promotions more regularly under the Malenko name. I will
continue to only use the name in Japan where the name has a rich
tradition of superb technical wrestling. I want to say it is an honor
to be able to use the Malenko name. The name represents actual
wrestling in a business where "character"and long winded promos seem
to dominate this era. I hope I can represent the Malenko name well by
giving outstanding wrestling performances every night I step into the
ring in Japan.

I will not wrestle anymore in the USA or any other country under my
own name or the Malenko name. I have other plans I want to do right
now in the states such as help coach my local high school wrestling
team. I also plan to do more personal training, which I will have more
info on my website very soon. I've been wanting to get back into
submission grappling as well. I started doing this two years ago and
had to take sometime off from it when I tore my bicep tendon a year
ago. Now that I'm back to full strength, I plan to return to doing
more of this style of wrestling."